On Tuesday November 14th, Board Members of Thunderbird Heights and Mitman went to the neighborhood meeting regarding the Special Exception to relocate Desert Bloom Releaf Center to 5851 E Speedway Blvd (previous Platinum Fitness). Below are links to documents provided by Desert Bloom Releaf Center.
The representative of Bloom presented that they would like to remodel the space to include a Café, Market, and Marijuana Dispensary.
The main entrance will be on the north side of the building. When walking into the building you first would enter the café/ patio, walk through an organic grocery store (envisioning a Time / Flores market), then in the far back of the building (southside) would be the Dispensary. After customers would make the purchase from the dispensary- they would walk through the grocery store/café to exit. No plant growing would occur on the premises.
An entrance will still be on Speedway, but people would be encouraged to use the north entrance.
If approved, they believe the 3 establishments would be open from 7am-10PM and open in 12-15 months. Currently, Bloom Dispensary has about 500-600 customer a day. They believe the customer base would move to the new location. The working hours are from 7am-10pm with 3-4 security guards working.
During the meeting the support and concerns were brought up they were:
- No longer a vacant building
- Increase traffic to minimize crime in area.
- Loitering and using marijuana in the Café area
- Business plan of main entrance being on Northside of building
- Parking along Sahuara Ave and increased traffic
Desert Bloom responses to Concerns (in order)
- Security would manage loitering, current regulations regarding smoking would not allow smoking in Café area
- Yes, dispensary and product customers will enter the dispensary area through the café and organic market
- At current location, approximately 500 customers/day are seen during a 15 hour business day.
If you have specific questions about the project you can contact Aari Ruben who is the POC for Desert Bloom Releaf Center at 520-982-9212 or email@example.com or you can contact your ward 6 rep Steven Kozachik at ward6@Tuconaz.gov
- Project Narrative
- Tenant Improvement Dispensary Releaf 85712 Marijuana Establishment – Building permit information.